søndag den 21. maj 2017

Austrian Feedbacks of the project week in Peterborough

The trip to England was really amazing in my opinion. It was not only a lot of fun but we also learned a lot about the production of different products and why you should buy Fairtrade products instead of others. When we arrived in England we got picked up by our host families. My host family was really nice and whenever I needed something, they tried their best to help me, so I am really glad I got such an awesome host family. On the first two days of the project we did lots of activities based around Fairtrade. I really liked the activity where we had to build our own football out of newspapers, plastic bags and small ropes. But Thursday was probably my favorite day because we went to Harry Potter World. Harry Potter World is basically a Warner Bros. Studio in Watford, where they display all the different places and the equipment used to film Harry Potter. But the other days also were a lot of fun, especially the trip to “Bounce”, which is a trampoline park near Peterborough and the trip to Cambridge, where I bought lots of awesome souvenirs. I also really enjoyed the trip because I got the chance to practice my English-speaking skills and I made lots of new friends, who I am still in contact with now. I am already looking forward to hopefully meeting some of them again at the meeting in Austria. (Harry Semmelrock)

Wonderful week in the UK
On Sunday January the 22th my friends and I went to Peterborough, which is a nice place to the north of London. The journey took us about 7 hours and when we came there our host families came to pick us up. My host and his mother were very nice friendly Portuguese people and welcomed me friendly. On Monday they showed us the TDA, which stands for Thomas Deacon Academy and they also have the slogan Trust Discipline Aspiration.On Tuesday we went to see the Cathedral of Peterborough, which is a huge church in the centre of Peterborough. Our guide had such an impressive voice, that it got very thrilling and I liked it a lot. The next day we made a fair trade workshop and went afterwards to Bounce. Bounce is basically a place with many trampolines. It was so funny and my friends and I had lots of fun there, even though it was so exhausting.On Thursday we went to the Harry Potter World. We saw so many original props, which were used in the film. It was very impressive and so interesting. Afterwards everyone bought something at the Harry Potter Shop. On Friday we made a trip to Cambridge. We made a boat tour and we saw the University of Cambridge from the outside. The boatman told us some very interesting things, even though it wasn’t that easy to understand him, because he had an accent.The next day was our departure. It was a sad day and my friends and I would have liked to stay longer because we had a great time and we really enjoyed it. (Oscar Kozeschnig)

Our journey to Peterborough
Last week my friends and me were in England, Peterborough. We went there on the 23 of January and came back on the next Saturday. In England we stayed at host families, who were all completely different. Peterborough is a multicultural town, some English, some pakistani, arabic,  muslims,......I didn't think I would be hosted by such a friendly family. I felt very comfortable there. Also the food was sooooooo good.
The most time I spent with my Austrian friends and my host called Noor. She was the youngest child of my host family, which had 4 children. Noor is such a nice and  lovely person. On Wednesday we went to „Bounce“, which is an indoor trampoline park in England. We all looked forward to go there. It was amazing because at „Bounce“,  you can try different tricks for example flips. But it was so exhausting.
The next day we went to "The making of Harry Potter". It was so great. We saw so many original props, which were used in the films. At Harry Potter World we all spent a lot of money, because everyone bought something. In the evenings we were in town shopping or drinking something. We were at Starbucks, Tamu, Creams, Boots, JD and things like that.
I made a lot of new friends and it was very funny. (Julia Sifrar)

On the 23rd of January our group travelled to Peterborough, England. The first day started at 9 o’clock in the Exam Hall. This is a hall of the Thomas Deacon Academy (TDA) which is used for presentations and exams. On the first und the second day we made different FAIR-TRADE-workshops. The Wednesday started with a FAIR-TRADE-football-presentation and we had to made a football with newspaper, plastic bags and strings. Our team (students from Denmark, Slovakia and Austria) won this competition and I think our team was the best one. After lunch we drove by bus to ,,Bounce” . This is a big hall with many different trampolines. It was so nice, but the time wasn’t long enough. In the evening our Austrian group went with some Italian and English students to town and ate desserts at Creams. The Thursday was the best day. We travelled to Harry Potter world. It was sooooo nice. Every Harry Potter fan has to see this.On the Friday we visited Cambridge and went punting.  After this day our Austrian group and the hosts went to Tamu and ate desserts.A big thank you goes to my hosts, the Hibberts. It was so nice to stay with this family. It was a great experience and it was cool to make new friends. (Stefan Vanzou)




The highlights of the Fairtrade project were the visits of the Harry Potter world, the bounce land and the university of Cambridge. At Harry Potter's world, we looked at all requisites and all technical parts, how the movies were done. We saw all famous requisites, rooms, monsters and the clothes of the actors. It was fantastic. At the Cambridge university, we took a boat ride around it. We learned a few things about the university and took beautiful memories with us. At the bounce land, we bounced around, until we were out of breath. It was a really nice time on the trampolines. At the way to the Cambridge university, we stopped at Hotel Chocolat to see and buy some chocolate. The host family was very nice to me all of the time and had everything perfectly organized. It was an unforgettable experience, the highlights made it a wonderful trip. (Wiktor Rauter)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar